Licensing Course 2019
Participants will follow the path of drafting an agreement from start till finish. The course includes presentations relating to key aspects of Licensing Practice such as IP Basics, Due Diligence, Valuation and Competition Law as well as participative workshops on negotiation, IP strategy and agreement drafting.
In 2019 the LES Benelux Licensing Course will be held on Monday 4 and Tuesday 5 November in The Netherlands.
Please ask for availability at email@example.com.
On Wednesday 6 November 2019 participants are invited to join an add-on Topic Meeting on Difficult Clauses, which will welcome course participants, members and non-members.
All information can be found in the LES Benelux Licensing Course 2019 brochure as well.
- Preregistration Sunday 3 November
- Course: Monday 4 and Tuesday 5 November
- Add-on Topic Meeting: Wednesday 6 November
NH Hotel The Hague, Prinses Margrietplantsoen 100, 2595 BR The Hague (NL)
The NH Den Haag hotel sits on the top few floors of The Hague’s World Trade Center building. It gets fantastic views across the city and puts you in easy reach of both the government and business districts. The historic city center is just 5 minutes away by public transport. For directions and information on parking see the hotel website
Participants have to arrange for a hotel booking themselves. The NH Den Haag offers LES Benelux attendees a special price. For more information and booking, please visit the customized webpage reserved for LES Benelux attendees
The fee includes the course documentation, coffee and tea during the breaks, two lunches, dinner on Monday and networking drinks on Tuesday
- LES members € 590,00
- Young LES Members € 550,00 (40 years of age or below)
- Non-members € 640,00
Registration including payment before 30 September 2019 gives a discount of € 50,00. Registration and payments should be received before 1 November 2019 to guarantee your participation. You will receive a confirmation and invoice by e-mail upon your registration.
If you attend the add-on Topic Meeting the fee will be € 120,00 for participants of the course and LES members and € 180,00 for non-members.
Please note that for non-members from one of the Benelux countries the fee also includes a reduction on membership of LES for the year 2020 of € 50,00.
Please register by filling in the Registration form LC 2019 and send it to the LES Benelux secretariat or use the online form below (this form can give a error message, but your registration is received in good order by the secretariat) . You will receive a confirmation and invoice within a few days.
LES Benelux must be informed of any cancellation in writing by an e-mail to the secretariat. For cancellations received before 4 October 2019, the registration fee, minus € 50,00 administrative costs, will be reimbursed. Cancellations received on or after 4 October 2019 will be fully charged. In the case of ‘no-show’ also one night will be charged in case a hotel reservation in the participant’s name has been made.
After the course, those participants, who attended the whole course and signed the attendance lists, will receive a certificate to prove their participation. For participants interested in Professional Development Hours LES Benelux is granting 12 educational hours.
Please note that this topic meeting is open for LES members and non-members worldwide. However, from participants it is expected that they have at least an academic background (law, financial or technical).
Program at a glance
Monday, 4 November 2019 – Day 1
9.00 – 13.00 Course introduction and fundamentals
chaired by Claudia Zeri, BarentsKrans, The Hague
- Intellectual property overview: obtaining protection and scope of protection, Wouter Pors, Bird & Bird, The Hague
- Due diligence: preparing to enter into a license agreement, Frank Landolt, Aquilexis, Ghent
- Valuation of intellectual property, Dirk Groenewegen, Cells4Therapy BV, Bilthoven
- The impact of EU competition law on intellectual property licenses, Patricia Cappuyns, Cape IP Law CVBA, Ghent
14.00 – 18.30 Negotiation case study
moderated by William Bird, IP Lodge, Brussels, and Peter Burö
- This module has been created to provide practical insights into negotiating a license agreement. It comprises an in-depth workshop during which delegates will have the opportunity to experience and resolve a realistic IP situation. Delegates will be split into groups to facilitate interaction as actors of the negotiation.
19.30 Dinner with participants and lecturers
Tuesday, 5 November 2019 – Day 2
9.00 – 16.00 License Drafting Workshop
moderated by Pieter Wyckmans and Thomas Bedert, Quinz, Brussels; Achim Krebs, HGF BV, The Hague and Jurriaan Janssen, Norton Rose Fulbright, Amsterdam
- This module has been created for a more detailed basic insight into the construction of a license agreement. It comprises an in-depth workshop exploring the anatomy of a license agreement, section by section, and providing practical advice on how to draft a successful agreement. Delegates will be split into two groups to facilitate interaction.
16h30 Networking drinks