Upcoming events 2022
15 September 2022 Brussels (BE)
Topic Meeting Use of (non) personal data in a digital world: Impact of recent legislation, digital agenda and practical insights
On Thursday 15 September a Topic Meeting will be held on the Use of (non) personal data in a digital world. Presentations will be given on the impact of recent legislation and the digital agenda, and will give practical insights.
Date: Thursday 15 September 2022
Time: 9h00 till 16h30
Venue: Brussels (BE), De Warande, Zinnerstraat 1
Click here for the full program
Presentations that will be given are:
- Introduction on the Data Act, the Data Governance Act, the Digital Markets Act, the AI Act and interferences between the different acts : Quo Vadis, by Professor Alain Strowel, Professor Université Catholique de Louvain and Attorney at Pierstone
- The European Commission’s White Paper on Artificial Intelligence and the proposed Artificial Intelligence Act, by Mr. Gabriele Mazzini, Team Leader Artificial Intelligence Act, Legal and Policy Officer, DG Communications Networks, Content and Technology
- The co-existence between the Data Act and Data Governance Act and existing legislation on trade secrets and personal data (GDPR), by Ms Charlotte Ducuing, doctoral researcher, and Professor Thomas Margoni, CITIP, KULeuven, Belgium
- Regulating cybersecurity risk using AI systems, Mr Robert Matthezing, Corundum, IT and IP law consultancy, the Netherlands
- The role of data intermediaries in the Data Governance Act, by Malte Beyer-Katzenberger, DG Connect, Unit G1 Data policy and innovation Policy officer in the area of data-driven innovation: Big Data, Open Data, MyData.
- Big Data Case: Gaia X and the European energy data space : (legal) implications for Smart Cities, by Tanguy Coenen, Digital Transformation Strategist, Imec, Leuven, Belgium and chair working group on Smart Cities at Gaia-X and Tzeni Varfi, Policy and Legal Director at European (Electricity) Distribution System Operators, Association (E.DSO), Brussels
- Practical impact of the DGA and the DA on digital transformation, by Jeremy Rollison, Senior Director, EU Government Affairs, Microsoft, Brussels Belgium and Professor Alain Strowel, Professor Université Catholique de Louvain
- Technical insights on the big data industry From data collection to analysis: acquisition, engineering, cleansing, reporting and BI, data science, tools used in data science and examples of data-based innovation, by Uday Arora, Head of Planning, Gopuff, France.
- How to define a digital compliance programme from a risk and strategic point of view, Punit Bhatia, Board member ISACA, member of the Beltug pivacy council, guest lecturer Solvay Business School & Consultant at Fit4Privacy
- LES Members: € 150
- LES Young Members (members aged 40 or less there is a discount of € 20,00 – please submit your date of birth at the registration form
- Non-members: € 225
The program will contain 4 substantive hours which equals 4 educational points. Please contact the Registration Desk on the day of the meeting for the necessary lists to sign. A certificate of attendance will be sent by email after the meeting.
Please use the registration form below. If you have any questions, please send an e-mail to the LES Benelux secretariat
14 and 15 November 2022 The Hague (NL)
For more information click here
16 November 2022 in The Hague (NL)
Add-on Topic Meeting on Complex Clauses. More information will follow soon